KNAF/FIA Certified roll cages
After more than 25 years of experience in the production of roll cages, VA-Engineering is a leading manufacturer in the Netherlands. The safety cages can be built according to specific requirements or FIA regulations, with or without a KNAF/FIA cage certificate. All roll cages are manufactured from the material 25CrMo4, also known as Chromemolybdenum. We produce roll cages for all types of cars and all types of motor sports, such as:
- Modern racing and rally cars, according to FIA Appendix J
- Historic race and rally cars, according to FIA Appendix K
- Rally Raid, T1 & T2
- Race and rally trucks, T3 & T4
- What is possible?
There are some basic options for a safety cage:
- A roll cage with FIA/KNAF cage certificate, this variant comes with a certificate registered with the FIA/KNAF.
- A roll cage without FIA/KNAF certificate, this variant can be used for racing, except when the FIA rules are changed in such a way that the cage no longer meets the current requirements.
- A lightweight roll cage. When we make such a lightweight roll cage that we have to deviate from the existing regulations, we are obliged to perform a strength analysis on the 3D design. This design is made by us and then calculated by an external company. After approval there will be a certificate.
- A bolt in cage is also one of the possibilities at VA Engineering.
- Building an exact replica car of course also includes the appropriate roll cage. We can recreate the cage from the original on the basis of homologation papers and/or photos. We can also recreate original aluminium roll cages in Chromemolybdenum.
The model of the roll cage depends on the type of event you are participating in. Additional customer specifications can also be made in the car, such as:
- Attachment to the front suspension
- Seatbelt anchorages
- Frames for chair mounting
- Attachment points for AirJacks
- Dismountable parts
How does the job go?
VA-Engineering can manufacture a roll cage in one:
Fully stripped bodywork
Rolling body with the interior removed.
In most cases a fully stripped or rolling body is delivered. In this way we can immediately start manufacturing the rolling cage. Other types of delivery only in consultation. roll cages can be welded TIG or MIG.
After installing the roll cage where a certificate is required, a KNAF inspector will check the roll cage and issue the KNAF / FIA certificate.
Truck roll cages
VA-Engineering is the leading manufacturer of roll cages for trucks in the Netherlands. 95% of the trucks of Dutch teams that participate in for example the DAKAR rally or Morocco Desert Challenge have a roll cage manufactured by us.
We use 25CrMo4 tubes made to our specification to produce these roll cages. The tubes are bent with a CNC machine, which guarantees an accurate fit in the cabin of the truck. The high tensile strength of the material used, combined with a well thought-out design, makes it a safe product. Our truck roll cages are used in the T4 and T5 class and have proven their safety level several times in the past.
Roller cages for historic racing and rally cars
VA-Engineering is also known for roll cages for historic racing and rally cars. These safety cages are manufactured according to FIA Appendix K, and can in many cases be rebuilt as they used to be homologated.
Roll cages for modern racing and rally cars
Different types of motorsport require different types of roll cages. We manufacture roll cages according to FIA Appendix J and customer specifications.
This link will take you to the FIA regulations.